Medical transformers used for isolating systems in purpose of maintaining human safety and protecting sensitive medical equipments in hospitals and medical clinics. Therefore these transformers are designed and built to meet the specifications for these places. The IEC 61558-2-15 standard describes the additional specifications.
Medical transformers can be produced according to the customers voltage requests. Different voltage ratings for different regions are applicable.
- Much lower inrush current (< 12*ln)
- Much better voltage regulation (< 3%)
- Much lower no-load current (< 3%)
- Near-zero leakage current
- A specific center tap to provide means to watch isolation level
- Mounted PTC to monitor the temperature levels of the transformers
- Varnished under vacuum to obtain silent duty with high moisture resistance
- Manufactured under ISO 9001 quality management system